Maggie Paine is an American lifestyle company founded in 2013 to help people discover their personal style and reach their goals.
When I founded Maggie Paine, I drew from my experiences serving as a U.S. Army Officer in Europe, Central Asia, and the Middle East. My travels broadened my tastes, and my time in uniform gave me a perspective on a side a life that has little to do with fashion. For me, leaving the military in 2011 was a major life transition, and I gained a new appreciation for others going through similar transitions of any kind.
I’ve learned that expressing an authentic sense of style is a process, one that is as much inward as it is outward. I’m grateful to be part of this process, and even to help guide it with my clients. Typically, my client relationships begin with a conversation about lifestyle and goals. From there I propose an overall plan and my clients select one or more of the following services:
- In-Person Consult – Comprehensive planning and information on basics, accessories, events, and building a professional wardrobe.
- Virtual Consult – Full consult conducted by phone or videoconference.White Glove Box Delivery – Rush delivery of products by mail.
- Personal Shopping –Power shopping as an educational experience in person, or dedicated personal shopping based on previous discussions and guidance.
- Event Styling – Formal events, photo sessions, interviews, etc.
- Camouflage to Corporate (and beyond!) – Veterans face unique challenges in building a professional and social wardrobe, often including a tight budget and timeline. This service helps service members and veterans transition to civilian life or upgrade their style.
I believe that there’s no substitute for character and substance. I also know that self-confidence is not the product of personal style. But style reflects self-confidence, and a person can find an authentic sense of style that offers comfort and builds confidence. And the combination of all of these things – character, confidence, and style – can create extraordinary opportunities.
Maggie Paine Kropp Mikolay